New Features For The Electorate This Elections
2019 Lok Sabha Polls : New Features For The Electorate This Elections
Addressing the media, Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora has said that the commission has conducted multiple discussions with various stakeholders to include some new features which will boost the democratic process. Going into the polls, approximately 15 million voters will be in the age group of 18-19, said Sunil Arora.
The Election Commission today announced some new features that will be seen in 2019 Lok Sabha Polls.
1. Faces of the candidates along with their party symbol to be displayed on the electronic voting machines throughout the country.
2. Photo voter slip shall be used for guidance but not as proof of identity at polling stations
3. Voters can use an Android app to record malpractice during elections and send it to the Election Commission. A government official is duty bound to respond to the complaint within 100 minutes, said CEC.
4. Google, Facebook, YouTube have said all political advertisements will be certified, said Chief Election Commissioner.
5. There will 10 lakh voting booths in these elections. An auxillary voting booth can be opened at the last moment: Chief election commissioner Sunil Arora.
6. 1950 is the voter helpline number to check your name and election-related information.
7. The candidates will have to furnish the details of their social media accounts at the time of the filling.
8. Nearly 90 crore voters will be eligible to vote for 543 Lok Sabha constituencies across the country.
9. Voter verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) will be used at all election booths in the elections.